Popular Posts

Friday, December 20, 2013

Can You Really Be Sure?

As I sit and ponder the life I'm living and the life I desire to live, I can't help but dissect the word Faith. I know that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. I also understand that when faith is involved common sense is out the door. But, does the absence of common sense mean faith is present or is there a hint of desperation that seeks to find anything that may resemble purpose?

My passion for writing, helping people, encouraging and motivating others, continues to push me to seek those things desired, but even more, those things promised. God has promised me many 
blessings and many open doors. Not one day goes by that I don't question if I'll ever walk in those promises. It's not because I don't believe or have faith, but I wonder if I'm running after God's purpose or settling for crumbs. 

There was a time when I was sure about where I was going. I was determined to live life with no regrets, but the thing I feared the most has come upon me. Lately, I have found myself regretting some decisions that I have made in life. I sometimes feel like fear stops me from really stepping out in faith. My biggest fear is hearing the words "I told you so". I realize now that I've made some people's opinions more important than they should be. I keep going back to the question, "Can you really be sure"?

At the end of the day, being sure is simply having faith that what you believe is sure. I do believe that what God promised he will bing it to pass. I do believe that I will experience the manifestation of every promise God made me. This really isn't about being sure, it's about being steadfast and unmovable, on fire for God and determined to pursue purpose with everything on the inside of you.

No more dwelling on what I had or what I did. It's time to focus on where I'm going and what God has in store for me. So, what about you?  Are you sure?  Have you lost your zeal, your fire, and your passion? Time doesn't wait on anyone. You can't slow down now.  It's time to finish what you started!

So, to answer my own question, YES.........yes,  you can be sure that what God promised he will bring it to pass. It's in the Word.

Live Life Now,

The Purpose Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment