Popular Posts

Monday, September 5, 2011

My Foot Almost Slipped!

It's funny how you can be going through your day, having a pretty good day and all of a sudden, thoughts.......thoughts enter your mind that causes you to think on what you should have, desire to have, want to have or have been promised.  You start looking around you and see drug dealers living large, crooked politician driving nice, able to go on vacation when they want, send their kids to the best schools & create the best opportunities for their kids, schemers and thieves living off the system, but living better that those of us who work hard, trying to live an honest and holy life.  Something about that can make you want to go back to who you were before you gave your life to Christ. Something about that makes you ask yourself, is this really worth it?  Does God really care? Is God really real? Why am I doing this to myself?  Because you know there was a time when money wasn't an issue.  All it took was a phone call and it was done! 

Psalm 73:1-9

A Psalm of Asaph.
1 Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 
4 For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their eyes bulge[a] with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth. 
     

All of a sudden, I hear a voice in my ear saying, "If I did once, I'll do it again".  "If I brought you out once, I'll bring you out again".  "If I provided once, I'll provide again".  "Is there anything to hard for me?"  At that moment, I realized that I've been down this road before.  I've been without before.  I've had to totally depend on Him before so why doubt Him now?  Is it my pride that somehow tells me that I should be excluded from trials, hard-times and disappointments because I've been here before?  What is it?  Is it because I know that I've done all I can to live by His Word and feel that I deserve better?  Or, is it because I believe His promises, but want them to come to pass the way I want it to happen?  Either way, I have no right to worry or be concerned about tomorrow when it was only by His grace and mercy that I made it through yesterday.  It's so easy to look around and get upset about the prosperity of the wicked, but God's word says He rain on the just and the unjust.  He blesses whom He wants to bless.  It's not up to me to know how or when, it's my job to READY when the door opens.  It's my job to keep my heart pure towards God and His people.  My foot almost slipped, but there's something about the name JESUS!  My foot almost slipped, but there's something about His Word that gives me a peace and an assurance that my God shall supply all of my need, according to His riches in glory, in Christ Jesus!

Don't be moved by what you see, be moved by what you know.  You may see famine all around, need all around, crisis all around, BUT you KNOW that the God you serve is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that you can ask or think according to the power that worketh in YOU.  Activate your power today.  Put some feet to your faith, press play and LIVE!  Remember, Purpose don't cease because your circumstances change.  God is expecting you to change your circumstances to see your Purpose manifested! 

Even if your foot slips, don't lose your balance.  It's not perfection God is looking for, He's looking for a willing heart that seeks being perfected daily in His Word.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Selah.....

Have a blessed and powerful Holiday.  This is the beginning, not the end!


The Purpose Coach
www.yolandapresley.com


Order my new book today:
New Book: AVERAGE, The Enemy of Purposewww.xlibris.com/AVERAGETheEnemy....html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment