Popular Posts

Saturday, August 26, 2017

God's Girl: Flaws, Scars and All


One day it dawned on me that I didn't have to keep pretending to have it all together.  I had wasted so many years pretending like everything was OK.  I didn't want to face my truths, deal with my realities or confront my disappointments.  After all, I needed to be perfect in the sight of others.  I couldn't let people see that I was actually human and hurting.  

Unfortunately, this is where many of us find ourselves.  Too many women want to hide their flaws, and cover their scars, in an attempt to portray this emblem of balance and togetherness while unleashing a sense of freedom from outside forces and negative vibes. Our hair is done to perfection, make-up is is just right, and our fashion sense is just to die for.  The strut in our step exuberates confidence and it appears as though life is meaningful, but underneath the facade is the real deal.

The fact that you gave your all to someone and he broke your heart, or you've tried to get healed from being violated at a very age, or deal with the fact that your father decided not to be an active part of your life, or your mom thought men and drugs were more important than her relationship with you, positions you to carry the scars that only remind you of the pains of your past.  But, the truth is, none of those things broke you, they made you stronger!

You need to know that your flaws, and your scars make you who you are today.  Your imperfections give you an opportunity to embrace those who haven't found the strength to stand in their own truth. Yeah, I know sometimes you feel as though you don't have much to offer because after all you're just trying to get healed yourself, but the truth is, your healing is in the healing of someone else.  Your flaws will be freedom to someone, if you allow them to become visible.  Your scars will be a sign of healing for someone, if you allow them to become touchable. Little do we know, our total healing is wrapped up in our ability to be transparent and stand in our truth.  Our freedom depends on our willingness to help someone else become free.  

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about just being ME!  No more pretending.  No more hiding from myself and denying myself the opportunity to live a life free from bondage.  When you release your fears, release your pain, and release your disappointments to God, he will give you a fresh new perspective on life.  He'll use what hurt you to bless you.  You will begin to see how everything that you've gone through is now working together for your good.  It's hard to see it while you're in it, but when you're able to take a step back, you can see the hand of God moving and purpose of God manifesting in your life.  So, let me remind you one more time.  You are a God's Girl, with your flaws, scars and all!

Live Life Now!
#ibelieve

The Purpose Coach
Y. Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment