Popular Posts

Monday, August 29, 2011

Re-Invent Yourself

I woke up this morning with an urgency in my spirit for something new.  It all started yesterday as I was watching this movie after church.  The young lady in the movie was the only one out of 4 friends who felt as though she hadn't accomplished anything and her life was meaningless.  In a sorrowful moment of feeling sorry for herself, she and her husband came up with a great idea.  The idea was to start a blog about something she really enjoyed, which was cooking.  She set out on a journey to blog for 365 days about cooking different recipes, from Julia Child's cookbook. 

Well, I said all of that to say, sometimes you have to hit the "re-start" button of your life and try something new.  When life circumstances change and your dreams to seem to have hit rock bottom, re-invent yourself!  Go into a reflection moment and identify those things that really bring out the best in you.  Pinpoint those key things that always re-ignite your passion and cause you to get excited about who you are and the gifts you possess.  There is more, there is something else, there is more to you, more in you and that "more" is what's going to SHIFT your life from AVERAGE to AWESOME!  That "more" will SHIFT your POTENTIAL to PURPOSE and cause you to experience a place of satisfaction, contentment and peace within yourself.  

As I sat and pondered and assessed my gifts, talents and abilities, it all came back to one thing: Empowering People.  Even when I'm feeling frustrated and it seems like the walls are closing in all around me, I always find myself still trying to push, motivate and inspire somebody else.  Not because I'm full of myself, but because I know that's my purpose in life.  I know that's the gift that God has blessed me with and I can't sit down, stop or give-up because I'm facing challenges.  Through it all I'm learning that I can cry and still get up, wipe the tears from eyes and speak a word of encouragement to somebody else.  The moment can't and won't cause me to lose sight of where I'm going, even though it sometimes brings me to a hault and stops me in my tracks, but only for a moment!

I can't blog about cooking, sewing, singing, technology or stocks, but I can tell a story that can change your thought paradigm and empower you to SHIFT into your divine purpose.  I can ignite a passion for success, a passion for significance and a passion to see your dreams come to fruition.  I may not be on an 8-5pm anymore, but that doesn't mean my purpose was laid-off.  That doesn't mean my dreams were laid-off.  That doesn't mean my heart for people was laid-off.  That simply means that God created an opportunity for me to be able to empower you, to Live LIFE Now!

As a published author, writer, inspirational & motivational speaker, I've learned that my pain and life trials have always been to teach me so I can inturn teach others, how to overcome obstacles and find purpose in their pain.  You only have one life to live.  Don't live it miserable, always searching for something but never realizing that what you're searching for is on the inside of you.  Everything that you need for success is in you.  It's now time to Re-Up, reinvent yourself and reposition yourself for success.  Dreams come to pass by writing and working the vision.  Stop talking about it and "BE" about it.  There are two types of people in this world, those who wait for things to happen and those who make things happen.  Which one are you?


Empowered for Purpose,

The Purpose Coachwww.yolandapresley.com


New Release......... order your copy today!!

AVERAGE, The Enemy of Purposewww.xlibris.com/AVERAGETheEnemy....html

No comments:

Post a Comment