Popular Posts

Monday, October 10, 2011

Undetected Pain........

I had a very crazy weekend.  My son was playing in a football game on Saturday and ended up getting hurt.  It's raining, I'm across the field in the stands looking at my son on the bench trying to figure out if he's badly hurt or just needed to sit out for a minute.  I called his name a few times trying to get his attention.  There he sat, in the rain, crying and in pain without me knowing.  I thank God that my husband showed up and walked around the field to check on him.  Well, my husband picked him up and we took him home to nurse him back to health. 

It's Monday and because my son's knee is still swollen we took him in for x-rays.  He pointed out a couple of areas where he felt pain but there was one area that the x-ray couldn't pick-up.  The doctor said that inorder for her to see the tissue area that Mal was referring to, he would need to get an MRI. The X-ray will reveal any broken bones but the MRI would show any differences in soft tissue that may exist and cause pain even though no bones are broken.

I found that interesting because many times we are hurt on this life journey and people will assume you are ok because there are no obvious signs of broken bones, but they have no idea of the painful soft tissue damage that they've caused you.  It never dawned on them that they broke your spirit, broke your heart, caused you so much disappointment and despair.  They never took out time to think about the words they spoke, the disrespectful actions they took and the obvious signs of total disregard for your feelings. 

Relationships are so fragile.  It doesn't matter the type of relationship you're in, any relationship can cause pain.  When you trust someone, look to them for support, look to them for validation, look to them for help and they view you, your situation and your feelings as insignificant and unimportant, it scars that deep tissue and causes pain that's undectectable through an x-ray. 

This is why it's so important for you to trust God and God alone.  Don't look to man because many times, even if they can, they won't.  If it will take the spotlight off of them and place it on it you, forget it!  If it will open doors of opportunity for you, forget it!  Don't depend on people to give you only what God can give you.  Don't have misplaced expectations!!   God is able and He will, but men are able and usually they won't, if it doesn't benefit them.  That's Just Man!

Don't downplay your pain.  If it hurts it hurts.  Make the proper adjustments, recognize the changes that need to be made, press play and LIVE.  If you give people that type of control over your life then they will use it to the end.  I'm sorry but I've revoked all rights and priviledges to my life, my purpose, my destiny and my dreams. The bible says to receive sound counsel and I'm all for that, but for those who want access to my life with no intentions on pushing me to do what's best for me and my family, IT'S OVER - YOUR RIGHTS HAVE BEEN REVOKED!

Know who's for you and who's trying to play you.  Life is too short to procrastinate and too long to settle!  I refuse to be 60 saying, "I wish I would have"  IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Sometimes healing takes a while, but always know it won't always hurt this bad! 


Live Life on Purpose


The Purpose Coach
www.yolandapresley.com


Divine Appointment Virtual Assistance & Concierge Service
A Team of Experts Committed to Helping You in Your Business When You Need it Most!

No comments:

Post a Comment